Thanks to Philip Torchio of The Broomsmen for taking a little time to talk to us and fill us in about what you can expect from him and his team. We asked him a few questions about himself and what makes The Broomsmen unique.
1) What inspired you to start The Broomsmen?
My lovely girlfriend Abby.
2) What do you mean when you say “we diverted 96% of the waste from this event”? What does divert really mean?
To put as simply as possible, that is our landfill diversion rate. That means that for every 100 pieces of waste, only 4 of those headed to the landfill. The rest will receive new life via recycling and compost. The Landfill is an energy graveyard. We do whatever it takes to minimize landfill waste in order to preserve and protect our communities energy and resources.
3) Why should our couples consider hiring an event management service like The Broomsmen?
We know weddings. We know what it takes to properly execute a celebration, maintain a celebration, and close out a celebration. The Broomsmen will be with you every step of the way. This is the biggest day of your life, you will sleep better knowing The Broomsmen have your back.
4) What makes The Broomsmen different from other event clean-up services?
This is all we do. We are not commercial cleaners, house maids, caterers, limo drivers…you get the picture. We are eco-event specialists customized to your unique celebration.
5) What’s your favorite part of running The Broomsmen?
Being able to engage and be accepted into the Central Oregon wedding family. This is a strong, tight knit grip group that has each others backs. Collectively, greatness and innovation is in our near future!
6) What advice would you give brides and grooms for how to reduce waste at their wedding?
Don’t have a wedding. Just Kidding!!! Keep your guest list down (this will save money too). Keep it local. Rent as much as possible from local rental companies. If you are using disposable dish ware, choose compostable products. Clearly label your recycling, compost, and waste. Choose kegs over cans and bottles. Local, local, local. Hire The Broomsmen to manage all of this for you!
7) How can I find out more about your services? What does it cost?
You can visit our website thebroomsmen.com for our complete service line and pricing.
8) What would you like our audience to know about you?
Our mission has remained the same from day one. We strive to be a trusted one stop shop for all your event staffing and logistic needs. From pre-planning to the final clean we will be with you every step of the way. We firmly believe in sustainability and waste reduction practices. We promote zero waste green events throughout our community and provide force for the protection of our resources.