Christine Colucci from Makeup Mafia Weddings took a few moments out of her busy schedule to talk to us about her business and doing wedding hair and makeup. Here are some of the highlights of our conversation.
1) How did you get started? How long have you been doing this?
I knew what I wanted to do very young in life. It all started with a doll head my mother got me for Christmas. I went through 6 in 1 year. I’ve been doing this professionally since 1987.
2) Finish this sentence:Out of all of my hair and makeup tools, I cannot live without __________.
My eyelash guard!
3) What is your favorite part about doing hair and makeup for brides?
The look on there face when they see themselves all done in their dress!
4) Who is your ideal client?
My ideal client is friendly, organized, and generous.
5) Where do you find your inspiration? How do you stay up on current trends?
I get inspired by a location, lighting, amazing clothes, an eye shadow or lip color, a beautiful person.
I stay current because I’m in the “Business”. Working with amazing designers, stylist,and photographers. I also watch the runways.
6) What is trending for 2016?
What’s trending for 2016 depends where you live and what season it is. It also depends on the brides taste and vision.
I want the community to know I’m a very seasoned Hair and Makeup Artist. I can do anything from super natural to special effects.
7) Is there anything else you want the community to know about you?
I love mixing modern with vintage. I also have a complete cosmetic line called Makeup Mafia, I hand make clip in hair extensions and love to teach.