For our latest Member Spotlight we took some time to talk with John and Janeen Fuqua from Central Event Rentals. They have some great tips for hiring a rental company and let us know what it’s like working as a couple.
1) How did you get started with event rentals? What made you want to do this?
We had worked for many years in both the soft drink business and medical field. After our children were married we both decided to do something different. In early 2005 we rented some event equipment and were surprised at the low level of service the company provided. This was the moment an idea began about starting our own event rental company.
2) As a small business owner, what is the one tool that you couldn’t live without?
Many, many tools are absolutely necessary. With customer service a priority, we would have to go with means of communication as the thing we couldn’t live without. Be it e-mail, text, phone, on-line, etc. we must be able to communicate quickly and efficiently.
3) What should brides know about hiring a rental company?
First and foremost brides must be comfortable and confident in the company they have hired. Customer service and value-added services are really important for a bride’s special day. The four ‘C’s” are good to remember when hiring a rental company. Clean equipment, Communication a priority, Commitment before/during/after event, Confidence in your rental supplier.
4) What questions should a bride ask of her planner, caterer or venue when trying to decide what she will need?
- What equipment does my venue provide?
- What special items do I need to help me create my wedding day ‘vision’?
5) What is the best part of working together as a couple?
Encouragement throughout the busy season. The wedding season is so much fun but can be a challenging six months. Bringing an ‘A’ game every day would be difficult without your best friend by your side!
6) What is the most important factor for you in the success of your business?
Integrity, listening to our clients ever-changing needs, being proactive, planning ahead, and never stop improving; but the number one factor we have found is to have faith in God’s provision each day.
Big thanks to John and Janeen from Central Events Rentals for talking rentals with us today. Be sure to take a look at their member page to learn more about how Central Event Rentals can help you with rentals for your wedding or event.