by Magadalyn Hasse of Bend Weddings and Events
I had the pleasure to work with Ben and Kat for 10 months leading up to their wedding. They choose Aspen Hall for their October 2nd wedding. Being a fall wedding they picked wedding colors that reflected the season. My favorite part of working with these two was all the details they added that reflected who they are.
1) As the guests walked towards the ceremony, a groomsman greeted each guest and asked them to hold the wedding rings and to give a short blessing to the bride and groom.
2) With Ben coming from Scottish heritage he had a piece of plaid fabric tied into his boutonniere as well as his sisters bouquet.
3) Ben’s mother passed a few years earlier, so on what would be her seat at the ceremony a memorial bouquet was placed and her picture. It was a lovely way to show remembrance.
4) The couple also used their ceremony chairs, which were rented from Central Event Rentals, as a place to hand out the sunglasses favors early in the celebration. Many guest put them on for the ceremony. Ben and Kat put theirs on after the first kiss!
5) Ben is a part owner in the Cascade Couriers, so they brought in the Trailer with the taps to be poured by Twist Cocktail Catering Co. They also worked with Stephanie at Twist to create two signature drinks that were topped off with paper straws that looked like mini aspen trees and orange zig zags.
6) Following the Scottish heritage again Ben had a great beer horn as well as a custom mug for each groomsman.
7) For a guest book, the couple found a piece of wooden art to hang on their wall. I placed it near the entrance with silver sharpies for the guest to leave messages on.
While the guests took turns writing (there almost always seemed to be a line no matter what time it is) I placed a collection of family photos for the guest to enjoy.
8) A rustic window from provided from Peanut’s Gallery was used for a seating chart.
9) Illuminate your Night decorated the hall with her lights and created her new back drop to go behind the sweet heart table which we moved afterwards dinner and then was a back drop for the dance floor.
10) The bride and a few friends organized a flash dance surprise for after the cake cutting. Dave from Star Productions did a great job of playing the background music then switching the song at just the right moment for the dance. The groom was caught by surprise as well as the guests.
All photos are the lovely work of Abacus Photography
Planner: Bend Weddings and Events
Rentals: Central Event Rentals
Beverages: Twist Cocktail Catering Co
Decor: Peanut’s Gallery
Lighting: Illuminate Your Night
DJ: Star Productions DJs
Catering: Tate & Tate Catering
Flowers: Bend Bouquet
Venue: Aspen Hall
Photographer: Abacus Photography